Thursday, January 8, 2015

Are you a Label Reader?

     



     Most of us don’t bother reading the labels.  We make assumptions about how things work.  I’m guilty.  The problem is that what you don’t know can hurt you.  For instance, for many years I used my can of Lysol.  I loved it.   It smelled good and it made me feel that I was protecting my family. It states right on the front label in big bold print declaring that it kills 99.9% of germs.  I would spray and wipe those germs away.  Or was I?   Sadly, you may be doing more harm than good.  If you read the label, the instructions state to wet the surface completely and keep it wet for 10 minutes.  I never did that.  Do you?  I realized that all I was doing was spreading bacteria.  What’s worse is the labeling of 99.9% germ killing is a bit misleading, if not a down right, down low dirty lie.


    Until recently I never questioned the 99.9%.  I assumed that these results were from scientific experiments run by independent labs.  Not necessarily the case according to an article I read from the Wall Street Journal.  In fact, the test results include only 'select' germs and the "tester" can select which ones and how many to include in the test.  Furthermore, they can run the tests and if they don't like the results, they can disregard the undesirable information and 'redo' the test until they get the results they desire.  Finally, they do saturate and wait 10 minutes as the label states.  So I ask you, how confident are you that you are killing 99.9%?


     How about an alternative?  How about a sanitizing solution that kills in seconds, not minutes?  One that is deadly to bacteria and virus but totally safe for people, pets, and the planet.  Don't just spread the germs around, kill them without using toxic chemicals.  The alternative is Viking Pure Sanitizer (HOCI).  Our test results are from independent labs and our results are on our web site.  



Visit us at www.vikingpure.com to learn more.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea it took Lysol 10 minutes to kill germs. Wow
    Mark

    ReplyDelete